Monday, August 25, 2008

The Curse of Mankind

Photobucket

From Norway i present to you ForgottenWoods and their 2nd full length entitled 'The Curse Of Mankind' from 1996. ForgottenWoods started around 1993 releasing 2 demos, and later 2 full lengths before calling it quits. They reunited in 2006 and released 'Race of Cain'. I just got this a couple of days ago and i have been loving it, for some reason it just seems not as over the top as most BlackMetal(i could be crazy). Anyways, it reminds me a lot of early Burzum but a little more simplified. Other then that i don't know to much about the band. I think they might have some sort of NSBM ties but i'm not 100% on that. I believe one of their members went on to be in PesteNoire which is a NSBM band. As for the bands views on the subject of race and ethnicity they offer no clues. Hope you enjoy, maybe next time i won't post something BlackMetal, got any requests?

The Curse is HERE

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very long songs, but replete with lots of changes in tempo, bridges, and the like. So it doesn't create the ongoing trance-like buzz of some of what you (and Aesop) have been posting, but instead solos, riffs, etc. characterize it. I like the mixing. I've never listened to Burzum for comparison, can't seem to bring myself to do so, since so much good music is made by folks apparently a little more companionable.

Anonymous said...

Oh, as for requests: anything else that is a Sabbath take-off will be appreciated. Sleep was really cool, and I've got In These Black Days, but that's it.